If you’re in the market for a new set of irons, it’s very likely you’ve come across the name of Mizuno Golf. You may however not have heard about the Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal Irons as of yet. Recently released as of the time of this writing, these irons have been getting a lot of buzz and for good reason. In this review, we’ll take a closer look at the Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal Irons and see if they’re really worth the hype.
Design and Technology:
The first thing you’ll notice about the Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal Irons is their sleek design. These irons have a classic look that will appeal to golfers of all skill levels. Mizuno has also managed to pack a lot of technology into these irons, which is one of the reasons they’re so popular. Some of the key features of the Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal irons include:
- 4335 Nickel Chromoly Construction – 35% Stronger than their original Chromoly for an 8% thinner, high speed clubface.
- V-Chassis for a more solid feel. Mizuno’s new V-Chassis delivers more solid satisfying vibration patterns even though the clubface is 8% thinner.
- Seamless cup face construction delivers the deep center of gravity needed for a higher launch and a controllable landing angle.
- Consistent Ball Speeds Across the Face – The thinnest part of the sole is extended 18% wider creating a wider high-energy area.
- Three fitting options – HM PRO, HM and HM HL. 175000 Real Golf swings recorded via the Mizuno Swing DNA system. This helps to highlight the need for variable launch options for each unique swing type. With a club type dedicated to each and every swing type as well as handicap, you are sure to find something that best suites your unique needs when getting custom fitted.
All the technology listed above results in better performance on the course. The 4335 Nickel Chromoloy construction combined with the V-Chassis provides more forgiveness than most irons on mishits, while the seamless cup face provides results and the feel that Mid-Handicap golfers will love. These irons make it easy to hit a shot out of tough lies and with this technology you can rest assured that your ball will still travel a long way and stay on target even if you don’t make absolutely perfect contact every time.
The Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal Irons currently are priced at $1,100.00 for a steel set on the Mizuno Golf website as of the time of this review. The configuration for the set includes the 4 iron through the gap wedge for a total of 8 clubs overall. While they are certainly not the cheapest out there, they are certainly one of the best options you will find in regards to quality of irons on the golf market today.
The Bottom Line is if you’re looking for a new set of irons that offer a sleek design, cutting-edge technology, and exceptional performance, then you need to check out the Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal irons. These irons have everything all golfers, including Mid Handicap golfers need to take their game to the next level. So what are you waiting for? Go test them out for yourself today but make sure you take the time to get custom fitted for yourself and your swing needs. You won’t be disappointed!